SOLVED

SharePoint List in Teams - Search Function Looks for App in App Store

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

When I add a list to a Teams channel it shows up and operates well.  The issue is that when I search for a specific item using the search bar at the top left, when an item is matched, clicking on the item opens the app finder dialogue which reads "You'll need a new app to open this about link".  It then give an option to select an app from a list, but the list is blank, or it gives an option to search within the MS app store.  Clicking the app store link searches for an app named 'about'.

Does anyone know if there is missing configuration here or if this is a bug in the Teams/SharePoint integration?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @jasondalycan

I have spun up a list tonight to test this. When referring to the search bar on the top left are you referring to viewing the list on a mobile device in the mobile Teams app as opposed to the desktop app? As with the mobile app the search bar is top left and with the desktop app the search bar is on the top.

If you could clarify would be fantastic! Thanks!

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @jasondalycan

I have spun up a list tonight to test this. When referring to the search bar on the top left are you referring to viewing the list on a mobile device in the mobile Teams app as opposed to the desktop app? As with the mobile app the search bar is top left and with the desktop app the search bar is on the top.

If you could clarify would be fantastic! Thanks!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post