Home

Search doesnt work for non-latin symbols

Dmitry Kuznetsov
New Contributor

hi!

we try switch to Teams for inner communications, but there are some issues, that really stopping us.

one is a no possibility to copy messages from conversation. you cant simple select part of conversation and make ctrl+c and ctrl+v in other program (e.g. MS Outlook or MS Visual Studio or TFS, etc) without lost names, timestamps and format corruption. its very annoying thing.

but more worse is a search in conversation that doesnt work correct for non-latin words:

i can search by part of word for latin - e.g. if i search "ba" - then i got in results messages that include "back" and "but" and other like "bu*", but if it is search non-latin word "дат", i get only messages that include exactly this word "дат", but not messages with "дата" or "даты" or "дате" or any other like "дат*".

it make search useless and almost impossible to find something in conversation history.
can you get me advice how we can solve this issue?

3 Replies
Can you open a support ticket and shared the ID here? I'm going to share this information with the Team
sure!
sorry, but i cant find URL for support tickets management system.
can you show me where i can open ticket?
you can open support tickets in the Admin Portal. If you don't have permissions, ask your Office 365 Admin
Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
46 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
How to Prevent Teams from Auto-Launch
chenrylee in Microsoft Teams on