Search bar: People show twice (duplicates)

Copper Contributor

Hey All,

i noticed that people show twice when I enter their name in search bar. The most, but not all users are affected:

Tina Ciotola | Microsoft Teams 2019-08-30 10-35-15.png

I can't tell a difference. 
My user is in "Teams Only" mode...

Any advice?

Thx a lot.

7 Replies

@Florian Obradovic I acually have the same when I checked in my client. I guess that is something temporary. I can't see any difference on the contacts and it happens to all users in our directory. I also checked a customer tenant and from the Teams web client and it is the same there.

Wait and see if it is fixed, not a big problem I would say. You can select any of the contacts in the result and come to the same place (chat window).

Seems to be working fine in my tenant, so maybe it's already resolved. If you can reliably reproduce it still, open a support case.

@Linus Cansby 

thx for your feedback - still the same here for almost all users, some are only listed once and these users are NOT teams only users. most of our users are in skype / teams coexistence island mode...

@Vasil Michev Yep, we are still experiencing this issue. Checked for updates, but none are available. We'll open up a ticket.

Seems to be fixed in our tenant:

Johannes Koschinski | Microsoft Teams 2019-10-23 15-30-56.png 

@Florian Obradovic 

Hey, 

I have the same problem and by chance I clicked on
Settings - about - Developper preview

I restarted Teams and since then I don't have any more duplicates in the search section.

BrunoPaoli_0-1584199486136.png

@BrunoPaoli 
hey thx - problem disappeared on my side... 
Did they fix it?