SOLVED

Recording Teams meeting attendance in OneNote

Brass Contributor

Skype, OneNote and Outlook were synced such that when a Skype meeting was scheduled in Outlook, we were able to take notes in OneNote directly from the Outlook meeting ribbon. This functionality also auto-recorded the meeting attendance. 

Do we know if this functionality is expected to be made available in Teams? Recording Teams meeting attendance currently involves a considerable amount of manual efforts. 

11 Replies
Well, Teams uses the Wiki for in-meeting notetaking!
Attendees can be viewed in the meetings info afterwards!
It’s also possible to fetch more info on when they entered / left etc from analytics in Teams admin Center

@adam deltinger Right, but when you have a large group attending a meeting and need to record the attendance, capturing this can be quite tedious.

Since we're a very large org we do not have access to the Teams admin Center. Retention policies have also been applied for conversations associated with meetings in Teams due to which we prefer to record the meeting notes in an embedded OneNote. 

You might use OneNote as well and then use the meetings button in a onenote to fetch the meeting from calendar with all details and attendees

@adam deltinger That's what I was hoping for. While OneNote does record all other meeting details it does not auto-mark attendees as present in OneNote (checkbox), which used to be the case in Skype meetings.  

@adam deltinger That's what I was hoping for. While OneNote does record all other meeting details it does not auto-mark attendees as present in OneNote (checkbox), which used to be the case in Skype meetings.  

@nealla.gomes 

Did you ever get a responce on this ?

The auto populate feature between Onenote and skype was a vary valuable feature and having moved to TEAMS now, is a huge loss

I am looking for the response on this one as well. @voyager670 

I would like to edit setting to automatically take attendance in OneNote when people join my Skype for Business meetings.

Hello all:  this issue is currently being tracked on our Uservoice feedback forum.  You can go there to vote and keep track of its progress.  https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39997912-meeting-notes-should-...

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

I just found a work-around for meeting attendance if you are the host:

• Click in "Participants"
  • Click on "..." next the participants
  • Select "Download attendance list"
  • Open the Downloads folder on your computer, look for "meetingAttendanceList.csv"
  • Drag and drop into OneNote 

@voyager670  did you have a resolution

this is so just non-user friendly. Looking at the thread, typical MICROSOFT -- send the user to a random route, see if they get convinced.

This link goes to a "page not found", so should we assume that Microsoft has completely dropped what was a very useful feature in OneNote?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

I just found a work-around for meeting attendance if you are the host:

• Click in "Participants"
  • Click on "..." next the participants
  • Select "Download attendance list"
  • Open the Downloads folder on your computer, look for "meetingAttendanceList.csv"
  • Drag and drop into OneNote 

View solution in original post