We are schedule to have our Office 365 tenancy transitioned from Skype for Business, to Microsoft Teams, at the beginning of next month. We have a few questions about what the users will experience, once the transition is completed:
1. What happens to all the Groups and Users that a Skype for Business user has listed in their SfB client? Do those get transitioned to their Teams client under the Contacts tab?
2. How will users initiate contact with external Skype/Skype for Business users from the Teams client, since Teams doesn't have the same "Add Contact Not In My Organization" menu that the Skype for Business Client does?
3. Will the Team client reference contact details from users' Outlook Contacts, after the migration is completed, so that they can dial those users from Teams if they have a phone number included in their Outlook Contact card?
1. Yes, your contacts should be migrated to teams, now also external contacts!
2. Click the new chat button, type the whole external email address, if it doesn’t find the contact internally there will be an option to search externally to click!
3. I don’t think outlook contacts will sync anything with teams..You are able to call them via the teams client! I can’t seem to get any numbers on my external contacts, and you would also need to have phone system to be able to call them if so...
1. All your Skype for Business external contacts should migrate. 2. You can click new chat to search for new ones by e-mail/sip id. This only includes Skype for Business NOT Skype consumer since Teams doesn't have that federation(yet) 3. No integration for contacts as Adam said and external users. You will get GAL info for internal users but not external. You can still access your contacts in the Call tab however, just you won't get a match in the chat tab for the users as you chat.