Problems Disabling Meetings, Audio,Video

Copper Contributor

I was asked to create a policy to disable Audio and Video but to keep chat and screen sharing. Thus far this does not seem to be possible. Even though I disable Audio and Video, folks can still join meetings others create and they are able to talk. The fix would be to remove the meetings icon from the task pane but there does not see to be a way of doing that?? Also It seems when I remove call capabilities the screen sharing goes away with things as well? Not sure if this is because I removed chat or because I  disabled Audio/Video? So basically I need Teams to be just a chat/screen sharing tool for some. Another aggg factor is how long it takes policy changes to take affect...the time is very random with no rhyme or reason. There should be a way to force policy changes to take affect sooner than hours :) Any help would be appreciated

2 Replies

Screen Sharing is nothing more than a shortcut that connects your call and shares the screen with audio / video disabled. So basically your scenario isn't possible currently. 

Thank You Chris, that makes sense :)@Chris Webb