Home

Organizational process for using Teams

Deleted
Not applicable

I work for a consulting firm who is great at adopting new MS technologies, but not so great at creating a solid process prior to launch. A good example is our very messed up SharePoint repo, which few people use because it's such a mess...

I am seeing more and more internal people using Teams to collaborate on sales opps, and have already seen duplicate client Teams created and causing confusion. Seeing as everyone has the ability to create a new Team and those invited can readily see it but others don't, how does someone see all of the organization's Teams to be sure we aren't duplicating things? I think I can only see Teams that I created or have been invited to (could be wrong, this is new to me), so before I create a Team to collaborate on an opportunity I'm working on, how can I verify someone else in our organization hasn't already created one? Also, how does the hierarchy work and what is best practice? For example, create a Top Level Team/Folder/Directory named for the client, and then create opps underneath (like we do In SharePoint) or is there a more modern, better way?

I realize this is a lot, does anyone know of a KB that addresses Best Practices for Teams, as it relates to my summary above?

Thank you!

Brian 

2 Replies
Have you checked out the many great resources at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/support-resources

Adam

Hi @Deleted,

I would base the key decision on a rough idea of how many clients, opportunities and people involved before offering an opinion on the best structure. You are right that there isn't a great solution to avoid duplication, can you make it clear that its one persons job to create these and add the right people so they aren't all creating at the same time.

There was a plan some time ago to show private teams as options to join, and use the graph to suggest to you the ones you should be in. Last I heard it was delayed so they could build out the concept of having Public, Private and Hidden choices for new teams.

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
35 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
Deleted in Discussions on
14 Replies
Security Community Webinars
Valon_Kolica in Security, Privacy & Compliance on