SOLVED

OneNote Integration

Copper Contributor
I have been told that OneNote integration is “globally removed from Teams by Microsoft. Is this a true statement?
4 Replies
Its not true
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Microsoft Teams is now part of the Office 365 ProPlus installation.  and technically Microsoft Teams can work without Office if you use the Freemium version, earlier when Microsoft Teams was launched, OneNote was actually one of the default tabs. This is no longer the case for any default Team creations – you get the Wiki feature instead, not OneNote (this can be changed however by using other provisioning models). but it doesn't mean that OneNote integration is going away,  You can still add OneNote tabs, also Microsoft may come up with the better integration with newer model OneNote with Teams never know...

Thanks,

Thuyavan

@Thuyavan GanesanDo you have an idea of when OneNote tabs will be available in Teams in the GCC?

Hi Mike,

Still, the status is "OneNote tab on Government backlog for GCC)", I have reached out to the Teams product team but I am not sure they will be able to disclose the GCC roadmap information. I will update you as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,
Thuyavan
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Microsoft Teams is now part of the Office 365 ProPlus installation.  and technically Microsoft Teams can work without Office if you use the Freemium version, earlier when Microsoft Teams was launched, OneNote was actually one of the default tabs. This is no longer the case for any default Team creations – you get the Wiki feature instead, not OneNote (this can be changed however by using other provisioning models). but it doesn't mean that OneNote integration is going away,  You can still add OneNote tabs, also Microsoft may come up with the better integration with newer model OneNote with Teams never know...

Thanks,

Thuyavan

View solution in original post