Home

Notifications settings weirdness

Highlighted
Chris Braunsdorf
New Contributor

Notifications settings weirdness

Using the Teams app in Windows 7 - when I view the notifications settings screen, none of the dropdowns (except one) show what the current setting is:

2017-09-08_20-23-29.pngWhen I click on the dropdown menu, I see the options (none of them display a check mark or anything providing an indication of which is currently selected), but if I select one I just see the label for that option flash for a second and then it returns to showing a blank dropdown as shown above.

I can't believe this is the intended behavior. Right now, I have no idea what to expect in terms of notifications.

• Microsoft Teams
21 Replies

Re: Notifications settings weirdness

Well, I cannot help you so much since I don't have a Windows 7 device...but what I see in Windows 10 is different from what I see in your screenshot...I have check boxes instead of dropdowns...

RE: Notifications settings weirdness

Checkboxes ? Always been dropdowns for me.

I too see this issue from last week. I am also using Teams on Windows 7.

Thank you for posting this; my team is also having these issues with not being able to see the Notifications settings. When we try to select one, it flashes briefly, then immediatly disappears.

Any fix/resolution would be greatly appreciated.

We are seeing this issue as well in Windows 10.

We are also wondering, if this feature has ever worked for anyone?

-Sean

we are seeing this exact same behavior on mac os version 10.12.6  teams version 1.0.00.25151Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 5.36.50 PM.png

Having the same problem on windows 10 with app and in chrome. Checked with a co-worker and he also had the same problem on the windows 10 app. One difference was that a few dropdowns did show values, but which ones showed was different for me and my co-worked.

It was showing values a week or two ago. It also seems to just be a display bug, as I started getting notifications after turning them back on, though it still did not show any value in the dropdowns.

RE: Notifications settings weirdness

We are seeing it on the Web app in Windows 7 and Windows 10. It was showing correctly previously.

Re: RE: Notifications settings weirdness

Just came looking for this same thing.  It worked fine a week or two ago but now everything shows blank.  I tried the web version and the desktop version on Windows 10.  Has anyone form Microsoft acknowledgd this is a problem?

We have the same bahavior: Windows 10, desktop app and browser (IE, Chrome). We didn´t have the issue last week.

I was just about to post something, as I am having the same problem.  Notifications all around are not working well in Microsoft Teams.  Also using Windows 7.

we are seeing the same bug.

@Luis Carrasco can you provide us with more details?

Thanks

Hey everyone - That you for bringing this to our attention. The team is investigating and working on a fix right now and we hope to have this patched up shortly. Appologies for the inconvenience!

Andrew

l broken for me.  :(  Any update?

Our team is also experiencing this issue. We've also noticed that people are now being alerted for channels they do not wish to receive updates for. And because the notifications page is broken, they can't turn them off without un-following the channel altogether.

We've made the fix and it is currently being deployed out through the various builds. You should expect to see the update sometime next week. In the meantime you should be able to make any changes you need to the settings. The only thing that is broken is showing what the current value is. If you click on the dropdown and choose a new value it will correctly save and change your setting even if the screen looks like it didn't change.

Hey Dan - The fix has been made and it is rolling out through the builds. You should have it fixed sometime next week.

In the meantime, the settings should be working as expected even though the text isn't showing up correctly. Your team should be able to go in and change their setting via the dropdown and it will correctly save even if the text disappears.

Great!  Thanks for the update.

Hey everyone - this should now be fixed for everyone. Please check for updates if you are still experiencing issues. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Yay! Thanks for getting this fixed.
Related Conversations
No Team Channel Notifications
Jake Baldwin  in  Microsoft Teams  on
57 Replies
No Assignments Tab in Microsoft Teams
Nick Davies  in  Microsoft Teams  on
23 Replies
Create private channel in a team
Catalin Prata  in  Microsoft Teams  on
25 Replies