No control of Meetings in Teams

Copper Contributor
Here are a few questions I have pertaining to MS teams meetings which I find I have no control. 1. I am able to take over control of a meeting even if not the meeting originator (and even if they did not give me control). 2. I can bump people off the call even if not a meeting organizer (this is fun, but perhaps not for others). 3. Meeting chat sends messages to people invited to the meeting (even if they declined the meeting), this could be confusing. Is this a default behavior? 4. How as the meeting organizer do you set the participants to enter the meeting with audio muted (and video disabled, should we want that)? SFB has more granularity than TEAMS see - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-options-for-online-meetings-and-conference-calls-DCD1CA...
3 Replies

It's the "equal rights for all" model, the good news is that Microsoft is finally realizing that customers actually need to control certain aspects of meetings and we should see most of these addressed in the near future.

Wow, and that is for all the questions I had? I guess I'll have to wait for a roll out for more control of my MS Teams meetings then. Thanks for the quick feedback!
We've just started using teams and found the same issues. First meeting we had, someone removed the organizer and we had no idea who as it just says "someone removed you from the meeting" then a rejoin option. this is nuts. SFB had much better functionality.