SOLVED

New Channel Assignments Tab Option for all channels

Brass Contributor

The recent update to the Teams channel system and being able to make private channels is excellent.

However having the option for an assignments tab for each new channel would make even more sense now too.

At the moment we have about 28 Teams when we should only really need about 4-5. Our classes have groups but because only the general tab can have assignments we have to have a different Team for every group of a class, it makes it difficult to keep track and it clutters the list in Teams as well.

Being able to have a Team of people in Channels with each channels own assignments tab would make things easier.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @stedmana

There is currently a uservoice open for exactly this here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33976798-assignment-per-channe...

I would recommend to vote and push it up the agenda. The more votes the more it brings it to Microsoft's attention and by voting if Microsoft pick it up you will be notified. I will also raise it at the next AMA as well as with the product group. This is something I would love to see in EDU versions of Teams to prevent Teams sprawl

Hope that answers your question.

Best, Chris

@stedmana I agree 100%! Organization in Teams is lacking because of this.  It is too much for students to go into the channel to see the lesson and then to go back to general for the assignment. Being able to organize by unit, in a channel, would make my life much easier as a Teacher. The general channel should be kept for "general announcements", not specific tasks.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @stedmana

There is currently a uservoice open for exactly this here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33976798-assignment-per-channe...

I would recommend to vote and push it up the agenda. The more votes the more it brings it to Microsoft's attention and by voting if Microsoft pick it up you will be notified. I will also raise it at the next AMA as well as with the product group. This is something I would love to see in EDU versions of Teams to prevent Teams sprawl

Hope that answers your question.

Best, Chris

View solution in original post