SOLVED
Home

Move user from teams back to Skype For Business Online

Highlighted
Ron Prague
Occasional Contributor

I've got a user account that's in use by a Skype Room System that one of my techs got ahead of himself and migrated it to be Teams primary with Direct Routing.

Problem we're having is that while the account and teams work fine if you log into a laptop, it doesn't work for the skype room system itself.  The dial pad doesn't appear and calls don't route properly.

I need to move that user back from Teams to SFBO, but I'm not having a lot of luck finding instructions on backwards migration.  Does anyone have any instructions on how to do that?

12 Replies
Solution
Should be able to go to new Teams Admin center and for user change that user back to Skype Only. If not you will need to do the Powershell update.

Grant-CsTeamsUpgradePolicy -PolicyName SfBOnly -Identity $SipAddress
Should do so.

If that doesn't work with call routing the legacy settings might need to be set as well
Grant-CsTeamsInteropPolicy -PolicyName DisallowOverrideCallingSfbChatSfb -Identity $SipAddress

Reference https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/migration-interop-guidance-for-teams-with-skype
Thanks Chris, that fixed the issue. We're having a grip of other weird issues with Teams and our Skype Room Systems, mostly around PSTN calling that I need to figure out now :p
Usually that should fix the PSTN routing too hopefully. If not setting them SkypeOnly don't work that Grant-CsTeamsInteropPolicy used to control the PSTN routing. Might still need to do that as well to get the PSTN routing acting right.
Here's my challenge... about 80% of our users have rushed to teams, happily. They now want to use Teams for our meeting rooms, which I'm all for. The user experience is much better, especially for international users in meetings.

We're in hybrid mode for SFB, I'm stuck with an on-prem system for at least another 9 months (trusted app that only runs on-prem) before I can migrate everyone to SFBOnline, so we're in Islands mode.

So far we've migrated all the conference room accounts to SFBO and given them a domestic calling plan. The Skype Room Systems are working pretty well, you can schedule either an SFB meeting or a Teams meeting. You can make ad-hoc calls in the room to or from a PSTN number.

I don't have a single room right now that can pass our testing matrix for the rooms though.

Ad-Hoc Mode
Make outbound PSTN call
Accept inbound PSTN call
SFB Client outbound call
SFB Client inbound call
Teams Client outbound call
Teams Client inbound call
System joins Teams Meeting
System joins SFB Meeting

Scheduled Teams Meeting
Make outbound PSTN call
Accept inbound PSTN call
SFB Client outbound call
SFB Client inbound call
System joins SFB Meeting

Scheduled SFB Meeting
Make outbound PSTN call
Accept inbound PSTN call
SFB Client outbound call
SFB Client inbound call
System joins SFB Meeting

In either Teams primary mode or SFB primary mode, something fails in every room, that's what I'm working through now.

One weird thing we're seeing is that any room system in either mode when it sends out the Teams meeting link, there's no phone number in the meeting invite, but for normal users, they have it.

Just weird things to work through.
Assume the room account has Audio Conferencing in addition to the calling plan? I had the issue as well for awhile, I want to say I change my number on my user account and back, or unlicensed and re licensed and it finally started showing in the invites.

In what scenario would your room be sending out a meeting link anyway? It would normally be joining someone else's organised meeting or be an adhoc meeting, I can't really see how a room would create an invite?

When the room is added to the meeting the PSTN dial in number isn't being sent out Steven, that's the weird thing. 

If I as a user schedule a meeting without adding a room, you get the dial in bridge number and Pin.

If I schedule a meeting and add the Surface Hub room as a location, you only get the Teams meeting hyperlink, no bridge number and Pin. 

All of our accounts are just straight E5s, so Audio Conferencing is included (and enabled).

Do the users have audio conferencing licenses assigned to their accounts ?

If you are organising a Teams meeting from Outlook surely you see the number in the invite before you send? The room is just a participant, I can't see how the invite would change?

Is it different when you book from within Teams or Outlook? 

I'll find out, those are great questions.  I've put together a full day of testing tomorrow and I'll report back with what I find with the team.

I'm doing training for a client who is just now implementing Skype for Business - Office 2013 (v15?). 

I need to be able to take screen captures in this application for training materials using my account but it's already been migrated to Teams.

I went to the Teams Admin settings to revert back to the old S4B but the option to change that setting is greyed out.

I have no idea how to do this. but I know it can be done through PowerShell. However, I'm not familiar with PowerShell. Would it be possible to get instructions on the steps to do this in PowerShell?

Much appreciated!

How about individual users via UI?

Powershell:
Connect to Skype online module:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/powershell/manage-skype-for-business-online-wi...

CsTeamsUpgradePolicy -PolicyName “your policy” -Identity mike@contoso.com

Details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/grant-csteamsupgradepolicy?view=skype-ps

Adam