11-06-2018 02:18 AM
11-06-2018 06:19 AM
No changes have been made regarding the firewall and this problem is everywhere Web App, Windows App and Mobile App, by looking the log the status is 'Unknown' any ideas?
11-06-2018 06:32 AM
11-06-2018 08:05 AM
11-06-2018 08:36 AM
11-06-2018 12:24 PM
11-07-2018 01:52 AM
Thanks, guys for your help, quick update, the issue is solved by changing the coexistence mode in islands, previously was set to SfB Only, but I'm confused now because as intended from the post shared by @Chris Webb:
With SfB Only the activity in Teams is based on SfB, then I'll open a ticket.
11-22-2018 04:55 PM
11-22-2018 04:56 PM
I'll try Islands - set to Skype for Business only, but read the same article above which makes it sound like it should work.
11-22-2018 04:58 PM
11-22-2018 05:01 PM
Then they should say 'Skype for Business Online' rather than just 'Skype for Business' :) We're set up for hybrid mode there too!
I've changed the setting and signed out/in, hasn't come good yet but I'm guessing it needs a bit of time to work itself out.
11-22-2018 11:02 PM
Correct, along with everyone else in the tenant. Everyone appears offline to everyone. It was fine a few weeks ago.
11-23-2018 01:09 AM
@Adam Fowler all I know is that a new mode will come to cover our scenario (SfB onprem) you can read this info there:
11-25-2018 02:54 PM
11-29-2018 11:12 AM
I'm having the exact same issue. Was originally using SfB Online and Teams in Islands mode. I used Powershell to change to one of the collaboration modes then a week later to Teams Only mode. All my users now show as offline in Teams. If I go back to Islands mode, I can use SfB to set my status (and Teams seems to follow it) but Teams doens't work independently.
Wondering if going to a collaboration mode is what screwed it up. Thinking I should have gone straight to Teams only at this point.
12-02-2018 05:30 PM
Support has worked with me for a while on this, and seems to have the answer:
For some reason, setting the Islands policy which is the correct one, isn't updating an attribute. You can test this yourself - get-csonlineuser against someone and this is what the results *should* be on a working account:
TeamsUpgradeEffectiveMode : Islands
TeamsUpgradeNotificationsEnabled : False
TeamsUpgradePolicyIsReadOnly : None
TeamsUpgradePolicy : Islands
However, that last 'TeamsUpgradePolicy' was blank for me. You can test this fix by running this command:
grant-csteamsupgradepolicy -identity firstname.lastname@example.org -policyname islands -verbose
After doing this, waiting a minute for the result to show, then logging back into Teams, my account now shows as available.
You can of course fix all your users this way, but it's something Microsoft need to fix properly - hopefully we see that soon!
12-03-2018 06:12 AM
That's great info Adam. I actually before seeing this set all of my users by identity to 'upgradetoteams' and this actually fixed my problem as well. When I ran your command against one of these users it showed teamsupgradepolicy as upgradetoteams. I had a few mailbox accounts that don't use skype or teams so I hadn't set their policies. When I ran that command against them, teamsupgradepolicy was in fact NULL.
Simply seems that enabling this tenant wide just isn't working as intended (at least not consistently).
12-17-2018 03:42 PM
Support have said they've fixed this everywhere now, and our users seem OK. Hopefully it's fixed for everyone else too.
12-17-2018 04:19 PM