Microsoft Teams Room License

Copper Contributor

Hi, ive been speaking to our Microsoft Partner but there seems to be some confusion on the Microsoft Teams Rooms license.

My understanding is we only need a Skype for Business Online Plan 2 license for dial in only setup.

Can anyone clarify exactly which license we need to use MS Teams Room?

Regards,

CJ

5 Replies
There is a Teams Room license SKU for Team Rooms. See here. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/room-systems/skype-room-systems-v2 this gives Teams license and audio conferencing etc. for dial in / out capability.
Dunno if it would help but here is something i found about the product license name might help your re-seller. Teams Meeting Room license (MeetingRoom ShrdSvr ALNG SubsVL MVL PerDvc

@Chris Webb Thank you - they quoted us the wrong item.

@cjm_ms365 - did you get the correct license and get it working? I've been struggling for over a week with this and have a support ticket with Microsoft still going.  It seems the only way to assign a phone number to the device is to also give the associated account a "domestic calling plan" license.   I was under the impression the room license was an all-in-one bundle that included a few hundred minutes for dialing outbound.   But without the domestic calling plan license, the phone has no functionality.  

Thats right, we had to add a dialing plan too which im confused about.

Microsoft really needs to be more clear on this.