Microsoft Teams Live Meeting Policy Not Taking Affect

Iron Contributor

I have been trying to get the public option to be available when creating a Teams Live Meeting, but for some reason it does not appear when I try to create a Live Meeting. I have applied to below Global policy waited for 24 hours still no luck. I then applied the custom user policy domain Default waited for 24 hours still not luck. The recording option is also always forced to on where it should allow it to be changed as needed. Is there anything I am missing? To me looks like an issue with replication on the back end or some other back end tenant issue.

Identity : Global
Description :
AllowBroadcastScheduling : True
AllowBroadcastTranscription : True
BroadcastAttendeeVisibilityMode : Everyone
BroadcastRecordingMode : UserOverride

Identity : Tag:DomainDefault
Description :
AllowBroadcastTranscription : True
BroadcastAttendeeVisibilityMode : Everyone
BroadcastRecordingMode : UserOverride

Identity : Tag:Default
Description :
AllowBroadcastTranscription : False
BroadcastAttendeeVisibilityMode : EveryoneInCompany
BroadcastRecordingMode : AlwaysEnabled

20 Replies
Hi Craig,

Whilst I have not had it personally with Live Events I have had several policies and provisioning actions take a significant period of time to apply when set in the TAC.

Have you tried applying the.policies with Powershell?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-live-events/set-teams-live-events-policies-usi...

Would recommend to try and see if this applies quicker via this method. If not, then I would raise a ticket with the Team to confirm that’s its an issue with propagation or the back end

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@blue-man If it didn't help using Grant-CsTeamsMeetingBroadcastPolicy I think just waiting more than 24 hours can help. Test on monday again.

@Linus Cansby  The user Identity : Tag:DomainDefault policy was applied Thursday and was still not available yesterday. I had applied this via PowerShell on Thursday to my @domaincom.onmicrosoft.com account and could see that it was showing as applied to my account via the get-csonlineuser command, but the public option still had not appeared on Friday when I tried to create a live meeting.

Do you allow anonymous into your regular meeting policy? Pretty sure that and or guest access are required I’ll have to verify but wanted to ask ahead of time.

@Chris Webb Anonymous users can join a meeting is set to on. Like I have said recording is forced on as well as, even though the Producer should be able to turn it off or on. Looks to be a replication issue to me.

When in doubt, create another similar custom policy and apply it direct to the user, give it an 5 minutes to an hour and check again. Policy might not be applying correctly. See if that makes any difference.

@Chris Webb Hi Chris, I have done this. I mentioned it previously. It has been applied for over 2 days now.

Do you allow guests into Teams? Also, pretty sure for meeting type you are picking Teams right? As External App/Encoder doesn't support external users, but I'm sure you would have pointed that out :).

@Chris Webb I am picking Teams Live Event and it is the settings for this that I have changed but are not taking affect. The option to allow guests into Teams is switched off, but this setting should not affect recording as well should it for live team events?

Are there any other thoughts to why this option is not available?

@blue-man  If you don't see any change for your users by now I suggest that you start a support case from Office 365 Admin Center so that Microsoft can look at this. 

Did you try with multiple users and did you check in the web client too?

@Linus Cansby Hi Linus, I have had a call open with O365 since last week, but I am not getting anywhere with them quickly. They are saying it may not be enabled for our tenant, so I have asked them to confirm this with the back end Engineers. Should the public Live Events feature be enabled for all O365 tenants?

@blue-man According to the documentation it should be available in the following regions

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-live-events/plan-for-teams-live-events

Available in these regions

• Americas
  • Europe/Africa
  • Asia Pacific
  • Go Local Canada

Exclusions and considerations

• Go Locals: United Kingdom, India, Australia, Japan, and other Teams Go Locals are not currently supported.
  • China: Event team members and attendees will not be able to use Teams live events because Azure CDN is not accessible in China. A workaround is to use a company VPN connection, which gets the client connected to CDN via the customer's corporate network.

And it should also be available in Microsoft Government Community Cloud (GCC).  
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Live-events-now-generally-available-in-M...

@Linus Cansby Hi Linus, that list refers to Teams Live Events as a whole doesn't it though? I am UK based so shouldn't be an issue and I can created Teams Live Events, but just do not get the public option even though the policy I have applied has it enabled.

I am trying to get this raised to a senior technician in O365.

The account I am testing with is a domainon.microsoft.com account. Would that make any difference?

I have tested the web client and it is still the same, no public option.

@blue-man Yes, that is for Live Events feature, not only the public part. Haven't seen anything that only parts of the Live Events is enabled but Microsoft support should be able to help you.

@Linus Cansby I didn't have live events enabled in Stream which I have enabled. Hasn't made any difference yet, but will test again tomorrow morning to see if it makes any difference.

There is def. some things different about UK live events cause they are rolling out for Go UK now. Might have something to do with the whole public availablilty as well due to some restrictions there possibly? Anyway, if it's still not working I would contact support cause i bet it's somehow releated to the locale keeping the public one from happening.
https://twitter.com/Microsoft365Pro/status/1161798983766990849/photo/1

@Chris Webb Thanks Chris. I have had a call open with the O365 Team since last week. One of the things they are checking is the availability for our Tenant. Still waiting for a full response.

@Craig Taylor Did you ever get a response to this? I've got a 365 Tenant, UK based and am having issues with this. My Global policy applied to my users allows live events, but none of my accounts have the ability to start one.