Microsoft Team - Read Receipts in private chats

Iron Contributor

I am looking at the feature ID: 51552 in the roadmap.

It´s about Microsoft Team - Read Receipts in private chats

It says it should be launched by now.

And i can find the settings for it in my admin-center for teams.

But i can not see any tags that tell me who have read my messages in teams. Chat or Team Conversations.

How should this work?

18 Replies
It’s still not released. Not sure why roadmap says that. It’s Probabaly done it’s just probably riding on a release that’s been pushed back like file tab or something cause there is a couple things pending or released I haven’t seen so it’s a matter of any time soon.
The roadmap says that because even is the "true" source to be up to date with changes coming to Office 365 tenants, some times the information it provides can be confusing as it happens with that particular message
I see the feature working while watching some Microsoft mechanics Vids. still not working for me
It's on it's way before long, I would say by year end hopefully.

@Oskar KuusI too can confirm that this is still NOT live. Really wish MS would hurry up with this rather important update.

Have not seen it yet but I hope they roll out soon

@Chris Webb looking forward to this feature for our school in australia.

They sent out a lot of material about this in may with a 2nd qtr rollout which moved to 3rd qtr and still not here. My Microsoft rep can find no info. What gives you the impression that it is imminent?

@PapaStoke If your MS rep really couldn't find anything I'd recommend you get a different rep.  This is one of the "biggest 10" features that people have been waiting for. There is a ton of data on it.  But the best is to go directly to the source: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16911079-support-for-private-c...

You see the following:

1. This feature is completed
  2. It is being rolled out to some users (sadly not all users yet)

That is why people are saying it should be here for all soon... although with this issue I'd still be doubtful as MS promised this months ago and failed to deliver it (link to their Tweet where they said that: https://twitter.com/microsoftteams/status/1151922085352153088)

Anyway let's just hope we get this this month. It will be a nice Christmas present for people using Teams

Is there anyway to disable the read receipt icon?

IN Settings - privacy!

@adam deltinger 

I don't see anything there.  I have DND Manage Priority Access and Surveys.

-Steve

Admin center setting is turned to “everyone on”. Need to go into I believe it’s messaging policies and change the option for your users to choose the setting. If it’s set to all on you don’t have the option to enable it disable.

@Chris Webb 

It's one of my client's Teams so I don't have access to the Admin Center.  Seems a bit invasive to force users privacy settings especially since me (and others) are not employees of theirs and they shouldn't have the right to set my privacy settings.  I doubt they even know they can control that being it's a new feature.

-Steve

Of course they have the right if you are using an account or a guest in their tenant.

Read receipts only work in chat. So you can always just use external chat from your home tenant to not have read receipts work. Assuming they have that even enabled.
Wow, thats harsh...

Its an standard feature in many other platforms....

If you are invited as guest. Then you accept their settings.

Not sure what I said that was harsh.

@SteveParksAdept  "Seems a bit invasive to force users privacy settings"

Being a guest in another tenant than your own and demanding your own settings is to me a bit harsh....

You are a guest.

You are there on your own free will

The owner of that tenant set the settings for there organisation.

This feature is quite common in many platforms and as far as i know not often something users are able to control on their own.