Meeting attendees don't all show their profile pic and screen sharing issues...

Steel Contributor

Howdy,

We had a large-ish meeting today (going on right now) and Teams is not working exactly right.  As you can see in the screenshot, there are 6 people on the bottom that don't show their profile picture.  The number on the bottom left shows me there are 75 attendees who's pictures or placeholders are not showing up.

There are 6 profile picture placeholders and 6 people with profile pictures working fine for a total of 87.  On the top right, it shows me there are only 7 people in the meeting (the 6 from the bottom and myself).

If someone was sharing the screen who only had a placeholder picture, their screen did not share properly and most people only saw a giant placeholder picture.  When someone was talking who's image wasn't showing, nothing showed to show who was talking how it normally outlines their picture.

Has anyone else run into this?  Do we know if Teams is having any issues?

Thanks.

2 Replies

Also, as people were leaving the meeting after it was over, my UI wasn't updated to show people that logged off.  It seems like connectivity issues back to the mean Teams servers or something.

Yup, I run into this all the time. Other issues that I run into commonly are chat not being present or updating, shared content not being displayed, sometimes you don't even see an indication that someone is sharing, etc. Overall, the experience needs a lot of improvements...