Major Teams Calendar issue after update...

Copper Contributor

For the last year, we've had a calendar within Microsoft Teams which has been working wonderfully. Within Teams, on the Calendar app, we could choose to view our own calendar, the Teams calendar, or both (from the menu on the left hand side) and when creating events you could choose which calendar to create the event for. Anyone who was specifically invited to the event would have the event sync to their own Outlook calendar, but anyone in the Team could see all Team events if they viewed the Teams calendar in the Teams app.

Yesterday, Teams seems to have updated and the calendar has become unusable... It is no longer an option on the lefthand menu within the calendar app. When I create an event, there is no option to select any specific calendar and it defaults to my own personal Outlook calendar. Previous events created within the Team that I created, I can still see, and I can see them identified as Teams events - but I cannot edit them and they've disappeared from everyone else's calendar view when they log into Teams.

When I go to the Calendar settings, it still has the link that various help pages suggest it should:
https ://outlook.office365.com/owa/?path=/group/ GROUP NAME @  UNIVERSITY DOMAIN .onmicrosoft.com/calendar

I've followed these instructions exactly and I just end up with the same problem described above - no ability to edit Teams events or create new Teams events. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7voytBkJjcI

This is the case whether I try doing it on the website or in the app. I am an Owner of the Team so should have appropriate permissions. Other members of my Team run into the same problems, despite being able to add calendars to other Teams perfectly fine. 

Any urgent help would be greatly appreciated! 

5 Replies
This is not teams that did this. It’s an outlook web access update that caused it that has been rolling out. Far as I know there is no rollback and don’t know if there is a way to replicate how it worked linking to calendars as before.

All you had in Teams was a website tab to this outlook web access this has nothing to do with Teams updates.

Wish I had a fix for you but that is what broke this , the Outlook Web update and not Teams.

There are some changes coming that will bring the Calendar experience in Teams closer to that of Outlook/OWA, but if you want to manage multiple calendars or overlay them, Teams is not the best tool and probably will never be.

That is very disappointing to hear@Vasil Michev 

Why would anyone want to use a tool meant to manage work if the calendar feature was not completely on point? 

Thanks for clarifying Chris - disappointing that there appears no fix but at least we can understand the source of the problem now!
As Nadine said, this is disappointing - it seems utterly bizarre that Teams would have no facility for a proper shared calendar between a team! Only a sharepoint calendar that everyone can see but people can't edit...

To all: Any recommendations for something with this basic feature, and events that can integrate with Outlook, appreciated!