MS Teams had this notification message "We ran into a problem. Reconnecting…"

Copper Contributor

Hi Team our users often encounter this error message in our company and home, could you please give us some advises for this, how to fix it? but it seems woking fine in cell phone. we checked the admin portal service health, it is woking fine as well. thanks, Jason

11 Replies
Does it work on the web client?
Does it work when they do a full logout and sign back in again?

When did it start happening?

Have you been in contact with Microsoft about this?

@adam deltinger 

Does it work on the web client?  

we haven't monitor it when the issue happened,  we will continue to check soon

Does it work when they do a full logout and sign back in again?

almost can't working,  just only restart or log off computer

When did it start happening?

it looks like 3 month ago

Have you been in contact with Microsoft about this?

i haven't

Try the webclient next time! Also you say it happens when users are working from home? Do they use a VPN connection when they do?

@adam deltinger 

i am sorry , today the issue happened again.  recently, i often open the MS teams app and website client together,  when we encounter this issue , i found both of them clients have the same issue,  detail see the attachment.

Could you please give us some advices , how can we do in the next?

Jaosn chen 

Hi! Please answer my questions regarding locations, VPN etc

Sometimes,when i worked at home without vpn (only connect to my private internet connection), the message also can't send out, then i tried to connect to company vpn, the speed is stable, the message could sent.

this time , we are working in company and open the website and application ttogether, when the issue happen,  both of them failed to connect the Teams Server, let me try agagin. 

@adam deltinger  localtion: China Xiamen   

VPN: no VPN connection, we are working via company network.

Hi @adam deltinger 

this morning, i encountered the attachment issue in the web client.  it seems like the website opened for long time.

Jason

That the webclient needs a refresh after a while idling is normal I think! Happens to me as well!
Regarding your other issues I would contact Microsoft through a ticket to sort this out!
@David 1. can you let me know the microsoft ticket number? or let me know how to raise a tciket to microsoft, the issue haven't fixed, frequently happen. "we ran into a problem, reconnecting... or refresh now" 2. how can we block the application automatic update actions? Jason

@adam deltinger if you've got an update on this issue or even better a fix I'd grateful. I'm using the latest version of the Teams client on Win10. running on the corporate LAN, no disconnection issues, as soon as I'm running remotely via a VPN to the corporate network, Teams disconnects every 10 mins. Refreshing the connection will not work, only logging out/in get's Teams reconnected. The Teams web client has no connection issues remotely. this issue only started when I had Teams reinstalled. prior to that the same version had no disconnect issues remotely.

Thanks for any help in advance