SOLVED

MS Teams Direct Routing: One phone number for all outgoing calls

Brass Contributor

Hi, 

Is there a possible way to have a single call number for all calls going out/in?

Ex: We have 20 users but only 1 "main" office phone number. Is it possible to assign this office number to all the users outgoing or don't assign any numbers to the users?

The client doesn't want to have a phone number for each user seperately.

Installation: Direct Routing via. Powershell.

Need any more info?  Just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Lars

5 Replies

Hello,

IMO you could just assign a fictional phone number via PowerShell to every single user, for eg. like +1 850 22 01 - +1 850 22 20 and configure on your SBC you route everything over this single main phone number. For incoming calls you create an Attendant account with this single main number assigned and route everything to a call queue for these 20 users.

Otherwise you would need to assign a real phone number to these users and just create a rule on the SBC to go out with this main number.

best response confirmed by Lars_Nestler (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Lars,

Have a look at Caller ID policies in Teams Admin Center (currently rolling out).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/caller-id-policies

\Magnus

Hi @Magnus Sandtorv, thanks for your suggestion.

While this is a good idea, I think I found a better way... (?)

I found that you can use extensions with the ";ext=xx" tag.

So technically I can use the same number for each user but with a different extension (ex. 1-20) and the outgoing number will be the same.

Are there disadvantages to my method?

- Lars

Hi Lars

Did you configure it like this in the end? And did it work? I'm looking to do the same to have a few phone numbers for many people. I could not be bothered that you can't call users directly because they don't have a number.

So the flow would be:
Incomming call +3214212223 -> Auto Attendant -> Call Queu -> Users (40+)
Users -> Outgoing call using +3214212223

@Emanuel van der Aalst Yes, we have one customer set up like this.

You just set each user number to be: tel:+3214212223;ext=1 to tel:+3214212223;ext=40

But you have to configure the SBC to be the same number (+3214212223) for this SIP Line.

This may vary between SBC's, but we set the SBC to use the "default" fallback number.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lars_Nestler (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Lars,

Have a look at Caller ID policies in Teams Admin Center (currently rolling out).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/caller-id-policies

\Magnus

View solution in original post