MS Teams Dial plan

Copper Contributor
We are in a trial for the domestic dial plan and have assigned it to myself as an admin but I keep getting an error saying "Your admin does not allow phone calls from this location" when i try to make a call in the android teams app, the desktop app just ends the call and when I call the number it goes to voice mail. I didnt see anything posted about this that I could locate and im assigned the global policy which has all calling items active.

Any help would be great.
8 Replies

@sxc7886 Do you see the Dial pad in your Teams client? And did you assign both the Phone System license and the Domestic Calling Plan license to your account?

@Linus Cansby  Yes the phone icon is showing in all the apps and I can go in and try to call and that is when I get the error. I have the domestic calling plan enabled and the phone system active that comes with the M365 E5 plan. Its also been about 20 hours so I would have hoped that it would have synced and updated by now but still having the issue as of this morning. 

@sxc7886 The phone icon can be visible even if no Phone System is applied. I was thinking of the dial pad if you see that.

image.png

@Linus Cansby Yup have the dial pad

@sxc7886 Have you checked the call logs from Teams Admin Center? If there is nothing obvious there I think you should contact Microsoft support.

@sxc7886 is the correct phone number showing up on the dial pad screen?

@Rob Ellis Yes sir. Ive also tried with +1 and non +1 just to see if it makes a difference and still get the same admin does not allow calls from this location

to clarify - I meant the 'Your number:' that is displayed above the dialpad - is that correctly showing your allocated phone number?