Links in channels in archived Teams

Iron Contributor

Hi gang,

So, we are piloting Teams in our site, trying to figure out what the best practices are in creating channels, etc. and we have made a mess of things.  Now we have an architecture that we think will work much better.  BUT we want to archive the old teams.  It is common practice for us to load a new file just by uploading it to the channel and allowing it to create a link.  We are probably going to migrate the files to the new teams.  However, I am thinking this will break the links that are in the archived channel communications (since they go to the old file location).  Any suggestions to fix this?  I don't know if it is completely necessary that they work, but it would be a nice to have.

One idea I had would be to create links in the old file location to the new location, but replacing the files with links seems like it probably would not work.  

2 Replies
Archiving a team makes everything read only. Just copy content out and leave the old documents there for lookup purposes.

@Chris Webb Ohhhh, files too?  Interesting.  So we would need to move live files out of there first, then archive.