Limit Teams Audio/Video Calling to the organization

Copper Contributor

We are currently implementing O365 and evaluating Teams. We want to use Teams Video and Audio features but due to compliance/regulatory requirements need to limit this to our employees:

Limit audio/video calls to those initiated/invites send by our organisation
  1. … where our communication policies apply (on screensharing, hand-over control)
  2. … where no invites/meetings from other organisations using O365 can be joined
  3. … where no invites/meetings from other organisations having on-premise Skype technology can be joined
  4. … where also the skype/Teams web app cannot be joined

Does anyone operate O365 Teams with audio and video calling and has found the right Settings to Limit it to the own organisation?

6 Replies

I don't think there's a foolproof solution to this, as users can simply join anonymously. You can disable external p2p communications or limit them to simple IM (no AV, file transfers, app sharing, etc) by using external user communication/external access policies, but that's about it. 

Also, have a look at the options in the meeting policy to see what’s in there:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in-teams

Adam

@adam deltinger those only apply for meetings scheduled by your own users though.

True, although guests and anon users (people without license) inherit the organizers policy
You would be looking at some kind of Network protection layer on managed devices and restrict protocols Teams uses or IP's since as Vasil said you can't really restrict a simple anonymous join. That's going to be a massive undertaking with Teams or any other similar platform and I would tackle from a Firewall (if no remote users), or host based firewall some other similar solution where you can keep their devices from certain locations / services.

@mat-pg 
You can have a look at the following SphereShield solution that i believe can address your compliance requirements:

https://agatsoftware.com/ethical-wall-microsoft-teams/