Issues when trying to add someone to a call in Teams

Iron Contributor

We continue to have issues with our Teams rollout....the latest being the below.

I am in Teams-Only mode, when I dial a cell phone number for example, it gives me a message that they are on Skype for Business (even though its a cell phone and I am dialing the cell#!).  This is dialing FROM Teams...so we cannot add someone to the call or anything, and that icon with the 2 people on the bottom isn't there.

clipboard_image_0.png

Another issue is when I call from the same cell phone to the Teams user, I am able to pick it up and I see the icon with the 2 people to add someone, but when I add someone it does connect but I don't hear a ring or dialtone so we have no way of knowing if it's going through unless that person picks up.

4 Replies

@reditguy how are you dialing the number? From the dial pad ? Or from /call or another source?

The second part of your question is to be expected, it would be weird for you both to hear a ringing tone surely. You can look at the meeting roster to see it calling.

@Steven Collier 

Steve, yes I am using the dialpad.

I don't think I was clear about the second issue.  I don't expect the other party to hear a dial or ringtone, but when I am simply adding a person (using the 2 people icon on the bottom), I should be able to hear the call going through?

@Steven Collier 

Any thoughts?

Also, when I am on a call and another call comes in...it totally takes over the call and I cannot hear anyone on the original call.  

@Steven Collier 

Looks like that main issue of calls being recognized as SFB fixed itself....still having the issue of incoming calls taking over the first call.