Home

I need the option to open a PDF document in a conversation directly in Acrobat (Teams desktop app)

Steve Elkind
Occasional Contributor

I need the option to open a PDF document in a conversation directly in Acrobat (Teams desktop app)

The built-in PDF viewer is missing a lot of functionality relative to Acrobat (e.g., I can't view or add comments).  Since I can open Acrobat directly from other apps (like browsers), why is Microsoft pointing the finger at Adobe?  Having to download from a chat or conversation in Teams, then open Explorer, navigate to the Downloads folder, then open from there takes extra time & effort, and makes the Teams experience even more lame.

1 Reply

Re: I need the option to open a PDF document in a conversation directly in Acrobat (Teams desktop ap

<rant> Is that the famously insecure Adobe reader? The one that's probably cost me more money in patching than all of Office 365? The sooner we all see the back of it the better.</rant>

I see your point, you can open it in SharePoint then choose to open in browser to get the native or (bug ridden) Adobe experience. I would suggest adding or voting for the idea on teams.uservoice.com. I don't know if Reader can actually save those comments back into SharePoint after you've made them, like Word can? Or start a conversation round the file but then you'll lose a direct reference to the highlighted section.