How to quickly send scripted replies (Become a Bot)

Copper Contributor

I am looking for a way to manage scripted replies to users in my organization. Typically I get asked the same question or problem and provide the same answers to many users. I'd like to be able to save a tailored response and quickly recall and send it to the user as myself (not a bot).

I don't want a separate bot for a user to interact with because I want to control the flow of the conversation. In a sense, I'd like to become the "bot". If a user asks me a question it would be nice to be able to type a command like !resetpassword and it sends the steps on how to reset a password to the user as myself (not a bot).

Right now I just have scripted reply's in a text file that I search through, copy and paste. I'm looking to improve this process.

Does teams offer this solution? Alternately, I am a developer, does the API allow for a custom solution which would allow this?

3 Replies
Hmm, no! As you mentioned a faq bot is probably the best way to go! Can’t really think of anything other than having to copy paste a template
It's not native to Teams, so might not be exactly what you are looking for, but there are many autotext applications. I've used the freemium version of PhraseExpress, which has keyboard shortcuts.

@JD_350 I use signatures in Outlook. 

1. One downside to this is that I have to be on the computer that's storing the signatures.  Microsoft is apparently working on a feature to have signatures available across devices. 
  2. Another downside is that there's not a "command" feature.

I know one other person who uses Quick Steps in Outlook.  While I haven't used that, it does appear to have a "Shorcut key:" option; which may approximate the "command" feature.