SOLVED
Home

How to Enable Join Code Feature in Microsoft Teams

Highlighted
Stephanie Portillo
Contributor

How to Enable Join Code Feature in Microsoft Teams

I was at a training and saw where a teacher could get an access code to give to students to join their class in Microsoft Teams. However, I don't see where to enable it in the Office 365 admin center. Has it not been released to everyone yet? It is supposed to found by clicking the ellipses for the team>Manage Team>Settings. Does anyone else have this option? If so, please share how I can make that option available to my organization. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Stephanie Portillo

9 Replies

Re: How to Enable Join Code Feature in Microsoft Teams

It's probably for EDU only? I really hope that comes to business too, would like a way to send out a link to have people request to join private teams.

Yes, it is EDU and our school district has the EDU tenant.

Solution

Join codes are not released yet Stephanie.

Assignment Analytics, Join Codes, and Reuse a Team as a Template will begin to roll out to Office 365 Education customers enrolled in our Teams for Education beta program today (announced Jan. 21st.). These capabilities will move to worldwide production by Spring 2018.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Education-Blog/Extra-Credit-bonus-Microsoft-Education-feature...

Mangus, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

@Magnus Sandtorv My district still does not have the Join Code option in Teams. Is there something I need to do on the backend? I'm really hoping this will be ready for the new school year.

It’s not available for everyone yet, but should light up in your tenant automatically in the coming weeks, definitely before the new school year. When it’s ready you should see it under Manage team - Settings - Team code

Where will the Team Code be displayed? Currently, in our Teams client, we show the field to join a team by code, but nowhere that displays a code. 

Manage Team > Setting tab, section says Code.

Awesome, thanks!

Related Conversations
Auto-Add new employees
Mathias Koprek in Microsoft Teams on
9 Replies
Linking OneDrive to New Microsoft Teams Channel
Kelly Charlton in Microsoft Teams on
4 Replies
Adding an Existing OneNote notebook to Teams
CC Adeyemo in Microsoft Teams on
18 Replies