Got invited to a new organisation using my current work email. Cannot switch!

Copper Contributor

I am using Teams Desktop app for Windows and I have also access to the Web app. 

Our customer has invited me to a team in their own account. She has used my organization's email address john.smith@myorg.com. When I look into the forums, they talk of an option on the left side of my user icon to change the organization. But I see this option on neither Web nor desktop. I check with my colleague who uses the app on her Mac and she's able to switch, but not me.

Today, our customer sent a new invitation. I was logged out of the app to see whether I get to log in to the new organization and this is the message I get:

Annotation 2019-09-13 100914.png

Does anyone experience the same thing?

10 Replies

Ditto. 
I'm already in one orgs teams, now invited to another Teams as a guest. They decided to drop Slack for Teams - and there it is, a message telling me i'm invited. Use of the link or the drop down command to swap to that Org and it just cycles around, then eventually goes back to the invite message. 

VSO messages are being sent to my e-mail box with Teams links but they fail to open.  I'm pretty sure it's not an Azure issue as I can still access VSO and other project tools.   This happens on the app and on the web.  

@WayneR260 

This is still an issue and unfortunately no reply yet. It apparently works on Mac but it persists on Windows. Knowing this is a Microsoft product, I am a bit disappointed. I still communicate with the customer over long email threads of short messages! Not very professional. 

@pedramm Just to understand your question/problem. You got invited on your own mail adres and you already use Microsoft Teams with your own mailadres? And now someone else invited you on your mailadres to join their teams environment with your mail adres?

If this is true you should have had a invite to join the team. But also on the right hand corner when you logged in you should be able to change the organisation where you are logged in.

And you should not have to logout.

Please reply if my assumptions are correct and working.

Hi @mobedi ,

We had this with one of our customers. The invites were getting send to joe.bloggs@orgA.com which was an alias to the account that the users were logging into Office 365 with which was joe.bloggs@orgB.com .

The solution was to send the invite to the OrgB address. 

Not sure if your issue but worth mentioning as that gave the same error, the invite has to be to the user that logs in. 

Kind regards

Andy

@paul keijzers 

Your assumptions are correct. I get the invitation in my mail. I open it and the rest is as I explained. MS Teams asks me to wait until they switch organization and then it fails.

For some reason, I do not get the change organization option on the upper right-hand side of the app or the Web version. This has confused me a lot. Since I get the same reply on Reddit as well. 

Yes, I asked them to send a new invitation to the same email address as when I log in on my own organization. MS Teams opens and asks whether I would like to switch and I say yes. A rather long time passes before I get the message in the picture.

@mobedi I would suggest to open a ticket for this one.

One last thing could be to remove you as guest in the tenant completly (in Azure) and reinvite

@paul keijzers OK. And where should I create a ticket?

Hi @mobedi ,

In the Admin portal in Office 365. 

service request.PNG

@Andrew Hodges Thank you Andrew! I guess it's only Admins who have access to those options. So I will contact the people in charge and explain the problem there.