SOLVED
Home

Form setup recommendations / best practices within Team

Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

My understanding is we can create as many forms within a team. Has anyone come across any limitation?

Any recommendations on naming conventions or other best practices for setting up a form at team or channel levels?

Is there way to reuse the form for another team? or use one form for multiple teams if yes what is the best way to achieve it?

Many thanks.

2 Replies
Solution
Hi @Badal Ratra,

Forms does has limits as best shown here

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Form-question-and-response-limits-in-Microsoft-Forms-ec1532...

You can re-use the form in other/multiple teams if you create the form in My Forms in the forms app itself (https://forms.office.com/) - as opposed to creating the form within the Team which puts them into Group Forms. However, you can create a form within multiple channels within the same Team if you have either created it within the Team or My Forms.

In terms of naming conventions, there really isn't a standard best practice - but there are standardised labels you could use such as numbering, ID's. A few things to avoid would be putting too long names in (particularly if you have a lot of tabs in the channel) or having multiple forms with similar names which could be confusing.

Hope that makes sense and answers your questions

Best, Chris
Thanks Chris.

Do you have any learnings to share to consider when creating a form in my forms e.g. using service accounts, user adoption, best practices etc. instead from teams (group form)?
Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
46 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
How to Prevent Teams from Auto-Launch
chenrylee in Microsoft Teams on