External Oddness

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

Bizzar situation. One of our admins a few days ago was trying to update a proxy address, and in the process knocked all of the SIP addresses. They where put back in, but the format was wrong instead if samaccountname (upn) it was set to first.last. This morning that was corrected...and most people where happy.

We have two users who are unable to chat with anyone outside of the org, everyone else is fine. We checked there sip address, had them log on to multiple machines and clients and the problem followed them. The client log files seem fine (not an expert on those though)...very frustrating. Any idea's where I get more diagnostic information, or anyone else seen this before?

Cheers

JohnL

7 Replies

@jlouden Could be that you just have to wait a day or two for everything to sync in the Teams servers.

Can your users contact any external or can anyone external contact them or is it both ways? I guess that they are in TeamsOnly mode, if not sign them into Skype and see if you get the message there. 

Hey @Linus Cansby 

Our tenant is all teams now, we where one of the first to have Skype for business removed. So no turning back. Both users can not contact any external contacts, while the rest of us can.

Seeing it is the end of the business day here, we'll see what happens tomorrow

Cheers

John L

Just to check, do you know if these two users able to do this prior to this happening?

What is the experience? What happens when they try?

How long was it since last changes were made?

@adam deltinger 

Yes both users where able to chat prior to the change being made. In one case he was responding to an existing conversation.

They both get "We ran into a problem when send this message. Try Again later" they have been trying for the last 8 hours, which is when the change was made. While the rest of us can talk to the people they tried talking to. 

Okay, i would give it another day or so! Post back What happens
If make sure these users aren’t women that have gotten married and their sips should be their maiden names. Seen that happen more than anything as their original will stick with them seemingly forever.

@Chris Webb @adam deltinger @Linus Cansby 

Gents, after much hair tearing out I found the answer. The end users didn't actually do the very first thing I told them to do. Log out of all devices and log back in. When I stood over them and force them to do it..things started working again.

Thanks for you assistance in this one.

Cheers

JL