SOLVED

Create a Team from an existing Team - SharePoint site Error is this by design?

Bronze Contributor

We are seeing an error when you create a team from an existing team and click on any channel > Open in SharePoint. At first I thought that something was not working, but then I tested further by adding a document in a channel and then clicking > Open in SharePoint and the URL to SharePoint worked. I'd like to know if this is by design since in theory when you copy a Team the content doesn't come over. Can someone confirm? @Christopher Hoard would you happen to know?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi@Lillian Diaz ,

The tabs are copied but the Tabs are not setup to point to the correct location, you have to go through each tab and set it up again. A bit of a half thought out function if you ask me as it isnt really a copy as you cannot use it once copied. 

We just did a project where we wrote some powershell using an Azure App and the Graph API to do this properly. 

Hope that helps

Andy

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi@Lillian Diaz ,

The tabs are copied but the Tabs are not setup to point to the correct location, you have to go through each tab and set it up again. A bit of a half thought out function if you ask me as it isnt really a copy as you cannot use it once copied. 

We just did a project where we wrote some powershell using an Azure App and the Graph API to do this properly. 

Hope that helps

Andy

View solution in original post