Cannot schedule Teams Meeting within Outlook

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I've been having an issue where one of my end users cannot schedule Teams meeting in Outlook.

Teams option appears within Outlook, but when she goes to schedule it shows this.

image.png

She's able to create meeting within Teams and also on the web client.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled office and teams. Also tried a new Outlook profile.

I'm kinda stumped and any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

14 Replies

Hello @dhendrix24,

I am having the same issues.  Are you trying to schedule the Teams Meeting in a Shared Calendar? 

@LisetteM Nope just through main calendar. 

Where is the user mailbox hosted?

@logsneverlie Mailbox is hosted on the cloud. I feel like it's gotta be either a setting for that specific user or her user profile. I logged into that same machine and it works fine. She can also create meetings with the Teams app and also with the web app if that helps any.

Ok. If u logged on her machine with your windows profile and it worked is not machine specific... Could b window profile specific.. Can u ask her to configure her Outlook profile on your windows login n check on same machine?

@logsneverlie great idea! I will do that.

I had her try this and it worked on my profile, so sounds like a Windows Profile issue. Any suggestions for this?
Hmmm... Can u chk if u can configure your outlook on her window profile? This will b like a reconfirmation..
Issue still there?

@logsneverlie I've checked with the end user to see. Just waiting on a reply from her now.

Issue still persists. It appears to be strictly something within the Windows Profile that's causing the issue as I can login to the system as myself and can create the Teams meeting within Outlook as can she, but only while logged into my profile.
Correct... It's her window profile... It's a bit of work but you will need to re create her windows profile....
If that's what I end up needing to do I will do that, but I feel like this shouldn't be necessary .
Why don't you go for a Fiddler capture on this and see if you find anything in logs....