SOLVED

Cannot create Teams meeting Via Outlook for IOS/Android while in Islands Mode?

Copper Contributor

Can anyone confirm you cannot create a Teams meeting (only Skype) vie the Outlook Mobile (IOS) while in Islands mode.  My understanding was that we would be able to do this starting this month. 

21 Replies
Not that I've seen. Teams Only mode or Skype with Collab will show Teams Meetings. Islands still Skype.
Correct! One or the other! In islands - Skype!

See here for all the options in other coexistence modes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-add-in-for-outlook

@adam deltinger 

Hello,

It seems that is not possible to create a Teams meeting in Outlook too if my account is in Teams Only but the Tenant is in Island mode.

Do you confirm this please?

The only way to have Teams meeting in Outlook is to have all the Tenant in "Teams Only" or "Skype for Business with Teams Collaboration and Meetings"?

Do you think we could pass the Tenant in Teams Only and some accounts in Island mode?

It's based on your user mode. Go in to outlook on mobile > Settings > Account you are using and select Reset account, I've seen the meeting option not update on it's own. Also if you just changed the setting for the user to Teams Only it takes awhile for it to update on the back end, you can't immediately test it. If it hasn't been a few days, wait then try resetting again if the reset didn't work the first time.
Thanks but it don't work. I am in teams only since weeks. I had reinstal Outlook reset the account several times. But it still in Skype...
I had an issue where I had to have support fix mine because although it said I was in Teams Only, my back end depricated interop policy never switched over. you might be experiencing the same.

Let me see if I can figure out what that command to check was.

To answer your other question thou, you can indeed switch the org to Teams Only and some users to islands.

@Chris Webb I get the same. Our org is on Islands, but my account is Teams Only, still only able to create Skype meetings via the Outlook mobile app on iOS. Any luck on the commands to switch/remove the deprecated policy?

How long did you change it? Reset your account in the mobile app. Had to do that when I switch in my test account.

Haven’t had a chance let me flag this message and come back to it so I don’t forget.

About a week ago. I have tried resetting my account tin the mobile app, no luck. Even deleted and re-installed, still no luck. I've switched to Islands mode and back again, no luck. So either it has to be set at a global level, or I'm missing something?

Here is the command I used to check on upgrade status of a user, run this for your account and see what's going on.

Get-CSOnlineUser admin@aisprints.onmicrosoft.com | select teamsupgrade*

If you need help getting to Teams powershell I have how to connect on this blog post of mine near the bottom.
https://webbtech365.blogspot.com/2018/08/cannot-set-users-or-tenant-to-teams.html

@Chris Webb Sorry I just come back froim Holidays.

I don't what happened but during my holidays the possibility to create teams meeting on outlook app has appear. I think Microsoft had done something because nothing has changed on my side. And it's appeared for somone else.

Thanks for your help and for your answer for Teams only for all tenant.

@MichaelOliv Can you confirm if Org Wide needs to be set to Teams Only or if this will work for individual users set to Teams Only?

I have set my account to Teams Only and still seeing Skype as the default in Outlook Mobile, even after resetting.

1. @ariel504305 After weeks I had the possibility to create Teams meeting even the tenant was in Island mode. So it's link to the user mode not the tenant mode. But it could take time.

Now we are in Teams only on the tenant since last week. ;)

I have the same problem. Were you able to fix it?
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Gburd170 We eventually changed the whole tenant to Teams Only coexistence mode, however when it was only my account set for Teams Only coexistence mode, there was a bit of propagation time until I was able to see Teams as the default in my mobile app.

@ariel504305  what is Islands mode? I got to this thread as it drives me crazy that on my iphone in outlook - I can create a meeting but it only gives a Skype checkbox for an online meeting - and no Teams option, which seems crazy to me. This thread seems to indicate that it is possible to schedule a Teams meeting but I don't understand what I would need to do/change?

Any advice on how to explain this to our IT dept?? I'm a power user and experiencing the same issues.
Have you managed to add the Teams meeting option and remove the Skype option? In your meeting requests?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Gburd170 We eventually changed the whole tenant to Teams Only coexistence mode, however when it was only my account set for Teams Only coexistence mode, there was a bit of propagation time until I was able to see Teams as the default in my mobile app.

View solution in original post