Calls interrupting Teams audio calls

Copper Contributor

I have teams app installed on my phone (android). If I get a call on my phone (through my wireless carrier), it will interrupt a call that I am on through the Teams App. Is there any ways to make it so calls through my wireless carrier go to voice mail or I have an option to answer them without interrupting my teams call?

8 Replies

Hi @Tecza, did you try (on Android phones) to ignore another incoming phone call by pressing the "lock button" on your phone?

@Erik365Onlineso I can ignore the call. The issue is that when the call comes in on my cell, it automatically places my Teams call on hold, which confuses the person on the other line. Ideally, it would function like call waiting does on a normal phone. I hope this makes sense.

Hi @Tecza, it seems that it is unfortunately the default behavior at the moment.

There are others who also request changing this behavior: change https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37633000-stop-mobile-teams-mee...

You might vote to give the request more weight.

@Tecza, IOS has fix for this issue.... 

@Kiran_Noupada 

Care to elaborate??

@Kiran_Noupada I agree. I would like more information on this.

@Tecza ,

when I am in Teams meeting, a normal call wouldn't interrupt the teams meeting, instead it will go on call waiting... I am using iPhone SE 2020 model.

Issue is with Android not with Teams, in IOS when I am in Teams meeting, a normal call wouldn't interrupt the teams meeting, instead it will go on call waiting... I am using iPhone SE 2020 model. Not only for the Teams, even Whatsapp call too...