Callforwarding With Tenant's own DID

Brass Contributor

Hello, 

As I understand, when enabling callforward to external number, the From user will be replaced with caller number. But for some reason, I need to set the From header to tenant's DID (OnPremLineURI). Can I do this from Phone System itself, and what command should I learn? 

Thank you in advance and have a very great day. 

4 Replies

Hi @godril,

what's your deployment? Teams Phone System with calling plans or Teams Direct Routing?

I usually manipulate SIP on a SBC in case of Microsoft Teams Direct Routing.

On Microsoft Phone System there is a option to set-cscallinglineidentity but I'm not sure if this will work and can be applied for forwared calls.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-cscallinglineidentity?view=skype-ps

Hi, @Erik365Online

Thank you for replying.

My setup is direct routing. I dont think I can go with set-cscallinglineidentity, since it can only work with Calling Plan.  I've read the its howto back then when I was trying to set global callerid for a whole tenants in a realm. I thought about the SBC manipulation too. Just wondering perhaps it can be manupulated from phone system since it is theoretically a PBX.

@Erik365Online 

After tried many things, I managed to make it work as I wanted. By utilizing command New-CsCallingLineIdentity, I created Anonymous substitution, and then Grant-CsOnlineUser it to a user. Last, I enabled ForwardPAI on PSTN gateway. This way the forwarded call will be forced back to User's DDI instead original caller's number. 

I have to make it so, since outbound call in my network is filtered by callerid and ip address pair. So when outbound's callerid is a foreign number (unknown to my network), it will be considered as illegal call. 

Thanks for pointing me out to CsCallingLineIdentity in the first place. 

Hi @godril, you are welcome. Good to hear that you got it to work. :)