SOLVED
Home

Are There Any Teams Guiding Principles? For Long-Term Department use OR Short-Term Project Use....

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi Microsoft Community / Teams Experts,

I am the senior manager for a R&D department at a large CPG company.  We have the full Microsoft Office 365 suite at our fingertips and I was hoping that somebody would be able to point me to a blog, website, or provide your perspective around deploying Microsoft Teams.

I know that Teams is a open collaboration hub that is meant to foster quick setup of a centralized place for team communication, file sharing, meeting initiation, etc.

However, I am wondering if there is anything that can be done up front (while our Team's environment is so new and clean) that will prevent people from creating a deluge of Teams and categories. 

Whether it be for long-term cross department collaboration or for a short-term purpose during a project's execution, is it best to set up few Teams with many categories?  Or is it better to have many Teams with fewer categories?

Any insight, tips and tricks, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated.  I am presenting the new capability to my organization next week and could use any advice on this new technology.

Thank you,

Doug Doerhoff

2 Replies

Hi @Deleted, Our R&D department is getting ready to pilot Teams so I'm curious to hear if you made any progress or discovered any learnings since your post. Thanks!

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
22 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
cntvertex in Discussions on
13 Replies
How to Prevent Teams from Auto-Launch
chenrylee in Microsoft Teams on