SOLVED

Android App - incoming calls ring on handset but no option to answer the call?

Copper Contributor

When the phone is locked or the screen is off, incoming calls will ring / vibrate but there is no way to answer the call.  Even unlocking the phone and going into the Team app doesn't activate the dialpad.  Eventually the call goes to voicemail and a missed call notification comes up.  Have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but no success.  This seems to have been an issue for some users last year looking at earlier posts.

Teams app version 1416/1.0.0.2019090401 on Android 9 Pie.  

48 Replies
Same here. The only workaround We found, is to swipe down, from the top of the screen. On this Toaster popup, you can answer. But explain this to a 0815 User!

@gbamp I have the same problem!  When I receive incoming calls on the Android app I can't find any way to answer them.  Even if I go into the Teams app, it keeps ringing, but there's no dialog or button to answer the call.  :\

@Guido PeterI have tried that but there's no notification when I swipe down, just keeps ringing. I have notifications turned on for Teams.

Please also make sure, that battery is not optimized for Teams. Settings, Battery, Optimization.
Thanks Peter. I'll be testing it this weekend.
Same problem here. Android on Note 10+5g. Office 365 business premium.
Teams rings but no GUI to enable answering.
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@gbamp  Been struggling with this as well but found the solution.

Go into Settings/Notifications/Teams/Incoming Calls

Select Incoming Calls ( Didn't realize there was a deeper menu)

Change to have Alert versus Silent.  (Mine was set to Silent but I could still hear the call)

You can also choose to "Show As Pop Up"

With those changes, a pop up will appear that you can answer.

@Bryan Lue  That was very helpful, and it worked. Thank you!

I am having this issue with one device, not user specific because it works on another device. My senario is all devices are Android but version 9 or 10. Device on version 10 is the problem. And the issue is only when inbound calls are going to a Call Queue. My phone just rings with no answer options. I believe this is a Android 10 related issue for me.

@mikekeats did the solution from Bryan Lue above of changing the notification alert settings work for you to fix the issue?

@ccneu no unfortunately not. I even spoke to Microsoft support this morning and they have said it is probably device/android 10 bug.

@mikekeats darn, I thought that solution had a lot of potential.  Well I hope either Google or Microsoft gets this one fixed soon... we really need to be able to answer incoming calls!  I think maybe Microsoft should just add an answer call option directly to the UI of the Teams app itself instead of relying on Android's notification UI for this functionality...

It would have been nice. There clearly a bug with Teams, Android 10 with Pixel 2XL. Would be interesting to know if someone else has the same device or version of Android who could test with a Call Queue

@mikekeats 

Our team is in the process of transitioning over the Microsoft Business Phone System and in testing Call Queues we ran into this exact issue, both Android users on Android 10 (Pixel and Galaxy phones) are experiencing the same thing: direct dial calls work fine, they see the call pop-up and can answer, when a call comes in from a Call Queue their phone vibrates and rings, but there is no way of answering the call, we went through all the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier in this thread w/o success. 

A ticket has been opened with Microsoft, we'll see what they come back with...

@danhido Yeah been hard work to find the answer and Microsoft don't want to own the issue instead want to blame something else.

Do you have users with different devices that do work? i.e. not Android 10

@mikekeats we have a small team with primary iPhone users, these are our only two Android users. I completely agree that it would be nice to have a larger test bed to figure out if it's only an issue with some devices and/or Android 10 specifically. 

This seems to me like a pretty huge issue considering they don't offer admin managed ring/call groups in their PBX offering (I know you can do it by user, but it seems like a really messy work around)

@danhido I agree more users would be nice. I have a couple of family members that could possibly test with but being locked down and social distancing means not possible.

I know what you mean about call groups on a user. Just not a great solution and wouldn't work for us.

We would to help other with the offering but at the moment would struggle to adopt.

Hi All,

Also having the same issue. Just wanted to know if someone was able to resolve this? Also, is there a support team for the Teams android app? 

@MangMario don't think anyone has yet! Various support tickets open by different people I think.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@gbamp  Been struggling with this as well but found the solution.

Go into Settings/Notifications/Teams/Incoming Calls

Select Incoming Calls ( Didn't realize there was a deeper menu)

Change to have Alert versus Silent.  (Mine was set to Silent but I could still hear the call)

You can also choose to "Show As Pop Up"

With those changes, a pop up will appear that you can answer.

View solution in original post