Add phone numbers to speed dial groups

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Are there some options to add phone numbers to speed dial groups(Calls > Speed dial > create some group > add phone number to this group)?

Currently i could only add phone numbers to group named "Speed dial" by clicking button "Add speed dial", and when trying to add some number to any other group there are no option to add number, only teams-enabled users from active directory.

3 Replies

Hi @oitadministrator,

what's your goal? Isn't dialing by names easier than by numbers?

I'd teach users to dial by name, so they should create contacts.

I tried to do this. It did not work and it was not possible.

Neither if I went to Chat\Contacts\Add contact nor Calling\Add contact...

I tried to added a new contact with MyShortDial0001@nodomain.tld, however I was unable to add or modify a phone number.

Another option, the users could create contacts in Teams with a "_" as prefix in the Calling\Contacts space. That would also be some kind of "short dial". But it's not nice and probably not what you want because it's not grouped.

You could wirte a request for "shortdial groups" on Teams User Voice and promote it so that others vote for it: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

Hi @Erik365Online , maybe i misspell something - by numbers i mean non-AD users, which could be called only by PSTN network, it defenitely should be added as some name with phone nubber attached. For example some user want to create separate speed dial groups "Customers", "Suppliers", and some other to organize contacts

Hi @oitadministrator,

you cannot add a pstn number, non-AD contact, to another contact group in the speed dial calling area, right now.

clipboard_image_1.png

Based on the call history you can add a pstn number, non-AD contact to the speed dial but NOT into a (speed dial) group.

clipboard_image_2.png

Only here you can add a pstn number as contact which is not from your AD.

But it cannot be assigned as a shortdial!

clipboard_image_0.png