Active Members in Teams shown as Unknown User

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

we have some strange things happening with Teams. Our Tenant ist homed in EMEA DCs and actually we're about to enable Teams for our Users in Asia. Our first Test showed us some anoying things.

Inside of channels the Members of the Team are shown as unknown users. I know this can happen if a user is removed/deleted from the Tenant but those Users are still active. If the user switches to other Teams and back some of the unknown users are shown correctly. After switching a few times over and back all the users are shown with their correct Names.

I was not able to find out why this happens, seems like it tooks a lot of time for the Client to resolve the Names of the Users.

3 Replies
Does this happen overall everywhere for all users?
Sounds like some sort of latency issue! Is everything else working as expected and at speed?

Is this by chanse happening with users who are only located in another datacenter / region?

It happens with Users connecting from Asia, for this test from Hong Kong. The User used for the Test is located in EMEA Datacenter, usage Location Germany.

Actually our tenant is not enabled for Multi-Geo as we got told that there wouldn't be any performance upgrades.

We have latency issues too, but we recognized it in Outlook with realy high latencys. But here not with Usage location Germany, the users have Hong Kong as their usage location.

Some ämne here might know more, but i would suggest creating s ticket with Microsoft and try sort this out!

Adam