SOLVED

Accessing the Teams Analytics & Reporting in the Teams Admin Center

Brass Contributor
I've read the "To access the Teams analytics & reports in the Teams Admin Center you have to be one of the following:-
  • O365 Global Admin
  • Teams Service Admin
  • Skype of Business Admin
Does this mean that both the following can't gain access?:-
  • O365 Global Admin Reader
  • O365 Report  Reader
I'm trying to find a way to access the Teams analytics & reports without alarming our O365 Global Admin too much by "asking for too much access".
Any ideas?
8 Replies

It seems so, I tried my Global reader user and he cannot see half of the stuff inside the Teams admin center...

I just can’t see the logic of the Global Admin Reader not having access!

@Jamie Stark might be able to share some info here

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Vasil Michev @MaryHill The main reason Global Reader doesn't show everything in the portal is all the dependent APIs are not yet supporting this new AAD role.  As they do, the pages supported by these APIs will become available.

Thanks Jamie, do you have any idea when this might happen by?

@MaryHill @Jamie Stark Did the Global Reader issue get any development since this post? I'm trying to access analytics reports without upsetting our security admin with too much access request.  

@g0ldsteinj I'm showing that work has completed but haven't yet had an opportunity to test...

@Jamie Stark Thanks for the reply. Hope it gets fully implemented soon!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Vasil Michev @MaryHill The main reason Global Reader doesn't show everything in the portal is all the dependent APIs are not yet supporting this new AAD role.  As they do, the pages supported by these APIs will become available.

View solution in original post