3PIP Phone + Teams Meeting + SFB Server 2015

Brass Contributor

What is expected behavior with 3PIP phones (registered to SFB Server 2015) with a Teams meeting? 

When I say that if the phone is registered to SFB O _ it will happily join a teams meeting (from the calendar meeting invite)

When the phone is register to SFB Server _ it fails (from the same calendar meeting invite)

In the SIP trace I see the following error on the SFB Server _ "Start-Line: SIP/2.0 413 Request entity too large"

ie the phone on clicking _ "Join" button sends an invite to the SFB Server

The server responds with the 413

clipboard_image_0.png

The project intent was to move to "SFB with Teams Collaboration and Meetings".

Keeping telephony on SFB server but using Teams for meetings etc. However this issue is a bit "awkward" if the phones can't join meetings

3 Replies

Hi @Alistair Keay,

You might want to check out the following: http://imaucblog.com/archive/2018/07/06/3rd-party-ip-phones-and-teams-conference-join/

I'm guessing that, for SfB Online homed meetings, there is an additional process occurring that's creating the SfB legacy meeting join URI that the 3PIP phone understands and is able to join the Teams meeting via an interop (SIP) gateway. On-prem SfB Server won't have the smarts to do this which is why it's not working in your "Meetings First" scenario where you're trying to use on-prem SfB Server 2015 for calls and Teams for meetings (again guessing here, but makes sense).

Cheers,

Damien

dmunified.com

@Damien Margaritis 

thanks for the reply.

I have had it confirmed that a yealink registered to sfb server 2019 works.

I will do a bit more testing. (Ie try another 2015 pool patched to the latest etc)

Regards

I raised an MS case and the answer is that this is currently expected behaviour.

ie if the user sending the Teams meeting invite (Teams for Collab + Meetings or Islands) also has an SFB Server account then this will fail

Apparently a fix is due shortly (I was told end of the year 2019) _ the fix sounds like removing the option frmo a 3PIP phone to join the Teams meeting _ which is fair enough if not ideall