3-way calling from 2 inbound calls

Copper Contributor

I have come across an issue that I can not find an answer to. if I am on a PTSN teams call where BOB calls me and I answer the phone, then ALICE calls me. I put BOB on hold and answer ALICE's call. if I want to merge the calls (which you can do on any cell phone or other PTSN Service) there does not seem to be a way to merge these calls. 

NOTE: this occurs if they both call me. if I want to initiate adding a 3rd party to my call with BOB I can direct dial them and add them to the call but I can not if they both call me.

Has anyone else run into the problem or found a solution to this? 

5 Replies

I agree... call merging is basic pbx functionality that we were very suprised is not available.

@Swoop1_1-1I have the same problem. I'm often in discussion with one team member when another team member calls. Why can I not just add them to the call? This worked with Skype and with Skype Enterprise. It seems pretty odd that it doesn't with Teams.

Anybody seen anything about a resolution to this?

we need a solution to this to merge calls this is nuts

Looks like this feature is being ignored by Microsoft. Skype for business used to be able to do this, but Teams cannot. Unless Microsoft is just trying to figure out a way to monetize this as a 3 way calling license...hmmm. I have only been requesting this for two years and all my requests fall on deaf ears.

@Swoop1_1-1 

Looks to be slated for release august 2020... but i dont see any details as to how it will work.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&filters=&searchterms=66054