SOLVED
Home

Record a Teams meeting availability

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Record a Teams meeting availability

When can we expect to see the Record a Teams Meeting functionality?

13 Replies
Solution

RE: Record a Teams meeting availability

Re: Record a Teams meeting availability

@Harold van de Kamp, I see Microsoft has launched the preview of meeting recordings in Teams and it processes and saves the video to Microsoft Stream.  For more info you can see this Microsoft support page.  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/record-a-meeting-in-teams-34dfbe7f-b07d-4a27-b4c6-de62f1348...

There are numerous screen recorder for computer that allows you to record meeting conferences for future usage. Of course, they vary in recording mode, features, interface, etc. If you want to pick up one to help you record your meeting, you'd better know what you need clearly. 

In case you have this need, you can click here: free screen recorder without watermark

Microsoft now have the ability to record meetings within Teams and it saves to Microsoft Stream.  Even though in Preview, it works pretty well.

Hi

I'm new to Teams and I'm trying to test the recording functionality within the Teams Desktop App, but the Start Recording (preview) menu option is greyed out.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

@Gary Shiels wrote:

Hi

I'm new to Teams and I'm trying to test the recording functionality within the Teams Desktop App, but the Start Recording (preview) menu option is greyed out.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Perhaps check to see if you have license access to Streams. I believe some license levels do not, so perhaps that is the problem.

I'm new to teams as well, sorry if this wasn't helpful...

Is this also available on the free version? I cannot click on the record video tab for some reason

Record is available now. Is there a way to mark this thread as implemented/closed, so it is apparent the issue is resolved?

Hi Roy - not in my Teams as far as I can tell.  I also Googled to find out if it had been announced, but can't find anything.  Can you please point me in the right direction?

@Gary Shiels, I've recorded a few meetings in Teams and it works quite well, but I believe it is still in preview.  It's great that once the recording is done it automatically processes and loads into Microsoft Stream which was better than how SfB recorded meetings.

Hi Jeffrey

If something is in Preview, do I have to sign up for it or change a setting somewhere?

Do you have a Streams subscription?  Roy mentioned previously that may be the problem, but I cannot find anything definitive.

Thanks

@Gary Shiels, yes, we have a Streams subscription.  Here is a link to information.  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Record-a-meeting-in-Teams-34dfbe7f-b07d-4a27-b4c6-de62f1348...It does need to be enabled in Admin portal and a Streams subscription is necessary.

Related Conversations
Office 365 mixed mode setup
Lisa Hammond-Marsden in Office 365 on
2 Replies
Recording a meeting to local storage
Shanuj Patel in Microsoft Teams on
1 Replies
Excel Macro Recording - Generate Wrong VBA
Tai Excel in Excel on
6 Replies
Rendering Recordings
Ben Wilker in Skype for Business IT Pro on