SOLVED
Home

Kaizala vs Yammer vs Teams vs Skype For Business vs Office 365 Groups

Sorry, but I have to agree with everyone else...Kaizala is confusing the Microsoft communications ecosystem.  First of all, Groups needs to die out quickly.  It is really old, clunky and is overall a bad technology.  Along with Groups, Sharepoint needs to die a hard death.  Not only is it only an clunky, but it is holding Microsoft's best technology back from being great.  OneDrive is slow and clunky because of its Sharepoint underlining. I will say this, Kaizala and Yammer are super fast and fluid.  I would attribute Yammer's speed to it not being build on the Sharepoint foundation.  Planner is a great idea, but royally stinks because of Sharepoint.  Honestly, I would love the opportunity to help Microsoft fix these issues.  Unfortunately, this rising generation of users is all about Gmail, Trello and Dropbox because they work fast and fluidly.@Karuana Gatimu 

I agree with your comments. The issue I have is that we have yet another tool vying for our attention and it is really confusing. After playing with Kaizala, there are some cool feature that could easily be integrated into Teams or Yammer. My problem with Teams and OneDrive is the insistence of building on SharePoint. SharePoint is holding these tools back because it is clunky and inflexible.

@Scott Pleasants 

While I do appreciate what you are saying, I do not find SharePoint as clunky, at this point in our deployment. 

With Teams, I have an integration point for almost everything within our environment. Being able to attach team sites to a Hub site has helped the integration into our SharePoint environment. Office 365 Groups is that attaching point that we are utilizing. Even Yammer allows integration into SharePoint and Teams.

I do agree that Kaizala is confusing the communications ecosystem, but we do not know whom Microsoft is targeting with this offering. From everything I have seen in Office 365, there is a method to their madness. We just do not know what it is at this point in time.

@Karuana Gatimu I understand the use case for Kaizala in emerging markets and easy on-boarding of users. Thank you for the clarification of where it fits in.

Here is what I don't understand, as an Office 365 Admin who is trying to increase adoption of Teams and migrate from Skype for Business. Why is Kaizala forced on us by default and why are the user controls so limited for an Admin? This morning we came in to find that Kaizala licenses had been enabled for all of our 100,000 + users in our tenant.  So, that means the Kaizala app will now appear in the app launcher.  This is not an unusual scenario for us, so we read up on how to disable Kaizala for our tenant in O365 Admin Center.  Short answer, we cannot. 

So, we have to dig in and find the Kaizala Management portal.  We can disable Kaizala for our organization from that portal.  However, that does not remove the app from the O365 app launcher, it just prevents our users from logging onto Kaizala with their O365 organization credentials.  So now we have to sweep thru all users and disable Kaizala license until we have the opportunity to understand the app and figure out if we can support it.  Then we need to figure out how to communicate where it fits in with all the other messaging and collaboration tools we support.

Our main feedback here is:

Don't enable new app licenses by default and if you do, please provide consistent methods of disabling the app for larger organizations.

Thank you.

Egad @Tim Crean...us to...just like that new app roles to thousands of users with zero change management.   Really Microsoft?   Just really?

Related Conversations