"error occured" after recording ended

Copper Contributor

I had began recording a 1/2 meeting that turned into nearly 3 hours. At the end of the meeting I either ended the call or stopped recording then ended the call. When I returned to access the recording the next day, Teams still said that 'the recording has started'; it then also stated an "error occurred" at the time of the recording. This was a one off meeting and would like to get the recording.

Is anyone familiar and/or have suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

2 Replies
Have you checked Microsoft Stream to see if the recording is there at all?

While a 1 hour recording is around 400 mb

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/cloud-recording

Every tenant with Stream has 500Gb so that is unlikely (could be possible if your org does lots of recording and video and is close to capacity). If you left it recording for several hours by just ending the meeting it may take some time to upload - did you go back into the meeting and make sure the recording was 100% stopped?

If it has I would consider raising it as s ticket to Microsoft Support.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Thank you for the insight, very helpful. Yes, I checked stream and it's not there and now the error message is no longer there and the "recording has started..." also is no longer there. I'll check how much space I have since I have recorded quite a bit (15 hours worth at least). 

Yes, very helpful. Thanks Christopher