Flow for Microsoft Stream

Deleted
Not applicable

I would think Flow would have support for Microsoft Stream, but can't seem to find anything.  Looking to post to Slack/Teams when video content is uploaded on a specific channel. Not a developer, so don't have the ability to get in-depth in programming a flow, was hoping MS would assume flows for their current products.

Please let me know if anyone has seen this functionality.

16 Replies

It's certainly been asked for and has been acknowledged as something customers want but it's not currently available.

Correct we do not have support for Flow. We need to first expose public APIs for Stream (which we will start working on over the coming months), after that we can build a Flow connector and triggers, etc.

Yes!  Its March 2018.   What is the status of creating a "Flow" for Stream? One that can move files from a "OneDrive" Folder to a particular Stream Channel when a file appears.  You can have two types of "Flow" plugins.  One that copies the file to a stream channel and One that moves a file to a stream channel.    

Also, how about incorporating a video expiration time frame within the settings of a channel or group, instead of each individual videos.  If a video is uploaded into a particular channel with this feature, a default expiration date is placed on the video.  

We're looking for something similar.  We have multiple people submitting large (~1 hour) video from their iPhones to Teams.  Teams is OK at playing short videos, but often has problems playing long ones.

I went to create a Flow to automatically move video files from Teams to Stream and discovered...there are no Flows for Stream.  Now I'll have to train users to do something that should be super easy to automate.  Hopefully sometime soon this works better.

The ability to create Stream channels (and add the Team to channel security) directly from Teams would also be amazing.  It's backwards right now. 

Stream gets many technical details right and performs well, but usability is hampered by these issues.  I hope they can fix this stuff soon!

YES. We want to create a notification so when a video is uploaded to a channel you follow, you get an email. Right now the Follow feature really doesn't do much. What's the point in following a channel if you get no automated updates about it? I believe this is how Following works in Sharepoint, too, which is frustrating.

And to another person's point, having an automatic retention for videos would be fantastic.

Any news @Marc Mroz  ?

@Marc Mroz wrote:

Correct we do not have support for Flow. We need to first expose public APIs for Stream (which we will start working on over the coming months), after that we can build a Flow connector and triggers, etc.

Any progress?

It's 5/15/2019. Thank you~

It's been nearly 2 years since a user requested something that should have been included by MS when it released MS Stream; a Flow Connector.  How long does it take for MS to create APIs for it's own product?  If there is actually a team working on this, I'd be ashamed to be a member of that team.

@Marc Mroz  I was just checking in on this one. The post mentions "comming months" in 2017. Has this been canceled? Grateful for any information or maybe a link to a spot I missed. 

+1 for this. Where are the flows for Stream?

@DDIT87 second this - any update on this?

@Marc Mroz 

Any update on 'MS Stream Connector for flow'? or REST API for MS Stream? OR, any suggestion for how to fetch the URL of latest video uploaded in a channel?

Thanks,

Murad

@Marc Mroz 

Any update on 'MS Stream Connector for flow'? or REST API for MS Stream? OR, any suggestion for how to fetch the URL of latest video uploaded in a channel?

Thanks,

Murad

Following this...

Would like this feature as well

@jmitterling Same!

looking for the same (connectors for flow), still no update from MSoft.