SOLVED

Embedding on SharePoint

Brass Contributor

I embedded a video on the home page of one of my SharePoint sites, but stream is asking for log-in to play it back. That doesn't make sense to me because it's the same login (both SharePoint and Stream are in my Office 365 tenant).

Am I misreading this, or is there a way to avoid this experience for my users please?

Thank you in advance for your help.

stream.PNG

46 Replies

Add Stream to Trusted Sites in IE, unless you've already done this. This solution works perfect for us.

Hi Brian, what browse platforms are the people who CAN'T see the video playback accessing the sharepoint page on?

It happens on IE, Chrome, Edge. Once you log in for the first time to Stream, it clears up on the other browsers after page refresh. It's that initial click to sign in that seems to push it. Didn't have to actually sign up seems the SSO took care of it. 

when you are logged into sharepoint are you MFA'd or do you log in with just username and credentials?

Picture your secretary sitting next to you, which means it's likely happening to many others as well. She logs in to SharePoint, sees that message on the homepage. She's not an admin, and I don't really have time to spend going around searching for users to try and try again, this seems to be a one and done issue.

Hey Brian, I probably didn't ask this question clearly enough. I want to explain to you why your secretary or other users are seeing the login message but want to understand the entire scenario before I give you an answer as to not provide incorrect info. I'll message you offline if it's easier. 

We had the same problem and had to add the Stream URL to the "Trusted Sites". Now everything works fine.

Tell me if it helps.

BR Steven