Embedded videos asking company users to sign in. Is there a way to turn this off?

Deleted
Not applicable

So I've uploaded a video on Stream and decided to embedd the video within a Word document. I've made sure the setting "Allow everyone in your company to view this video" is turned on within permissions for the video. And under Viewers I have myself, Companywide channels and the channel I've created to upload the video. 

The word document I've embedded the video in will be used as a tutorial / step-by-step guide. Once I upload it to our company server where everyone can access it if needed, I want our users to be able to watch the video without much trouble. In this case, the prompt to "sign in or sign up" after clicking on the video is what I'm trying to remove. Most of our users will not know their email passwords, so this could cause issues.

Is this possible?

31 Replies

Embedding the video inside of Word works if you are signed in - it will automatically pick up your credentials. Unforuately, if the user is not signed into Word, their credentials are not known and they will not be able to watch the video. This is for security purposes you cannot bypass this as you wouldn't want people to who shouldn't have access to watch videos

I now have this exat same issue for an embedded video on our sharepoint homepage. In one tab i'm signed in to stream in the other i have our intranet page. the embedded video still asks me to sign in and to make it worse after i click sign in a dialog pops up and nothing happens.

Having a simplar problem, not with SharePoint, but with some php that has been generated by one of our web devs, the embed login link brings up a similar sounding blank page (I will be looking at the code tomorrow). However, a page I created of simple html with a Streams embed, the login works fine (Chrome, Edge andFirefox) and calls up the O365 login screen no problems. Just chiming in hoping that there might ba a simple solution as we want to use more of our O365 goodies. Thanks! R

Hi @Tiger Boshomane can you tell us what browser you are using and what platform? If you could go to Stream, and in the top right corner, please select "About Microsoft Stream" under the help ("?") and send to @Saili Raje as a DM to take a look here.

Hi @Roman Nowak, your scenario seems to be slightly different.  Would be great if you can provide more specific details.  Ultimately it depends in what context you are running your PHP code in - is this within a context the user has been logged into an AAD based resource before such as Stream, SharePoint, Yammer, etc or is this in the context of some App?  Adding @Saili Raje to help understand your scenario better and help out with any quesitons.

@Saili Raje the issue is currently occuring in Google Chrome on PC 

About Stream.png

thanks! DMing you now for more details. 

Amit,

The word document will be viewed by our company employees, who are already signed into their offce365 accounts for any/all Office software, including Word. The issue still persists.

Is there any progress in sorting this issue out? I've tested again today and and the issue still persists on IE

@Tiger Boshomane - I just tested on IE11 + Win 10 against a Stream embed into a SharePoint page and the auth flow is working for me in a test tenant in production. I sent you a private message a bit ago, we can talk about this topic too.

Sorry for the late reply, unfortunately this still does't work for most people in our organization. This is really just disappointing since Microsoft Video worked with absolutely no issues. Not sure if this will help but it seems like the process gets stuck while the popup window displays the following URL "https://web.micosoftstream.com?noSignupCheck=1" from there nothing happens as usual

@Tiger Boshomane - I'm not quite sure what all we've tried at this point. Would you be able to go back and give a description and some screenshots of the problem? Does it happen in all browsers or just IE?

From your last message, if it's just in IE, it almost sounds like its an issue with trusted sites/internat zones.

Does it look like this issue? Can you try the suggestion for adding sites to the right zones we list in this thread? 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Stream-Forum/Stream-video-shared-on-Yammer-login-is...

Hey Marc, thanks for the speedy reply. I was actually going to say that we seem to have sorted it out by adding the URL to trusted sites, we'll be ding some additional testing today but from the few users we've tested with, it seems to work. Still doesn't sign them in automatically but at least they can do it manually

@Tiger Boshomane & @Saili Raje - Has there been any progress on passing user credentials from SharePoint to an embedded Stream video?

We are having an identical issue with embedding a Stream video into a SharePoint Publishing page. It would be ideal if when a user is logged into SharePoint their credentials are passed between O365 apps to allow the embedded Stream video to play without a second sign in prompt. 

@Brian Riesen - We've recently completed work to more seamlessly pass authentication tokens between SharePoint Online and Stream. However we were only able to do this via the new modern sharepoint pages using the Stream webpart. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/stream/embed-video-sharepoint

If you embed a video or channel using the modern Stream webpart it directly can get the users auth from SPO and pass it to Stream to avoid the sign in screen. This work enables a first step in getting Stream to load and play within the SP Mobile app on Android (iOS has much more technical issues) and when you embed a SP page into Teams or other places with Stream webpart inside it. 

@Marc Mroz - It would be helpful to have this same functionality for classic SharePoint Publishing web part pages. Modern SP pages aren't an option when more control over the page layouts are required, as they are in my organization. Requiring a second login defeats the usability of embedding a video on a web part page.

Modern pages are widely used by users in Teams but our marketing and branding teams require us to use classic SharePoint Publishing sites and templates to control the page layouts on our corporate intranet. When embedding Stream video onto one of these web part pages we have found users are turned off by the additional login message and simply ignore the content. 

Please let us know if this will be considered for the future.

The login behavior on the classic pages really needs to be addressed I agree with Brian that user ignore content that requires them to log in and to make matters worse the login window does not work.

Agreed, ridiculous it has taken this long to resolve.