Microsoft Search in Bing doesn't show results from Outlook conversations (Inbox or Groups)

Copper Contributor

I was working for a client and wanted to show them a single place to search content from all their different Office 365 products and got excited to see Microsoft Bing search and it's capabilities. But, while using it, I saw that there is no way to bring the results from Outlook , either your inbox or the group conversations you are part of. It is showing conversations from Yammer and Microsoft Teams, but not Outlook Conversations. Same thing is happening if search from office.com is used. It feels like Microsoft has deliberately hidden the results from Outlook.

On the other hand, I know that Outlook mailboxes are indexed and can be tagged for e-discovery cases.

Is there a way to bypass this and show conversations (Inbox emails/ Group conversations) related to the user who is performing the search operation? Is this something coming in future as a connector? 

Any idea what is going on?

Microsoft Visual Studio.png

4 Replies
Hi Udaybhanu, Quick clarification, on your screenshot are you explicitly clicking on Conversations and still not seeing results? Cheers, -Wendy
Correction: My bad, I missed the "Outlook" part and was thinking Yammer/Teams. No, at this point we do not search Outlook for relevant conversations, just Yammer and Teams.
Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you could share some logical explanation behind this decision.
It is possible to have an Office 365 group mailbox where I can have many information which I would like to be found at a later stage. But, right now, we need to go to Outlook and search for it.
There is not single point of search where my search query will be checked with all Office 365 products I have access to. This is OK for technical folks but definitely confusing the customer community.
Thanks,
Udaybhanu
Hi Udaybhanu, You are correct, we do not currently display Outlook conversations. However, this is definitely on our radar as an issue/request for many using Microsoft Search in Bing. Cheers, -Wendy