Inconistent results

Silver Contributor

Searched conducted in Bing are not finding known files consistently. Some search phrase find files, others do not. How can we troubleshoot?

6 Replies
Can you provide some examples of what you're searching for, what results you're seeing, and what you expect to see? As always, screenshots are always a great addition! Cheers, -Wendy

@Wendy_MSFT  Here are some screen shots that show the problem i'm seeing. A search for "Marketing Deck"  finds 3 files in O365 and 4 files in MS/Bing

O365 Search ResultsO365 Search ResultsMS Search ResultsMS Search Results

Thanks for the screenshots, Dean! I think I know what may be happening. Let me do some investigation and get back with you. Is this the same tenant that is experiencing the admin center issue above? Cheers, -Wendy
yes, same tenant, in demos.microsoft.com
Hi Dean, We reviewed your issue at daily triage and the good news is that engineering confirmed this is a known issue as we are using two different APIs to return search results. There is currently work in progress to align both results, however I don't have a definitive date to share when this work will be complete, but it is high on our radar for sooner vs. later. Hope that helps! Cheers, -Wendy
Thanks for the confirmation. I sure don't know who decides that something is ready for GA, or what the criteria is, but from my perspective, when there are issues like this, something should not be upgrade from Preview to GA